In this challenging time, we are hopeful that everyone is staying safe and well. We are still a way from being through this situation so it’s important for everyone to be staying in touch with family and friends to ensure the wellbeing of all.
From a club point of view, we will remain closed until such time that the South Australia government releases the restrictions on public gatherings. The ground crew are cleared to maintain the turfed areas and I am happy to say that our club members have been doing the right thing and not gathering at the club, we should all be proud of our social conscience.
The board will next meet on May 4 (via video conference) and we will continue to plan for next season. At this point in time we are planning and budgeting for a resumption of gatherings/training on 1 September.
We are aiming to hold the AGM in the 3rd week of June but need to work through the logistics before confirming.
We have re-booked the Marion Hotel for 4 September for our senior presentations and will hold the junior presentations at the clubrooms 5 September. This is obviously subject to the Covid-19 restrictions but we can’t leave it any later. If this date is not available due to restrictions we will consider conducting the presentations via video.
If you have any questions or require anything further from SDBC, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
On behalf of the board of SDBC.
Southern Districts Baseball Club
0409 326 010