What is the Diamond Club?
SDBC would like to introduce the “Diamond Club”
The SDBC Diamond Club is a vice president style membership club, formed to generate funds for the purpose of attracting and retaining the services of required players.
Membership of the Diamond Club has been set at $125.oo per annum, It is anticipated membership to this club will be an ongoing annual commitment. Download your sponsorship application here >>
The Diamond Club will be responsible for hosting an annual fundraising event. In recognition of your donation to the Diamond Club, a pin will be provided upon receipt of your donation.
Funds raised by the Diamond Club will be managed by the SDBC Board of management and clearly represented in Club financials.
The members of SDBC understand and support the concept of offering financial assistance to retain or attract required players. A policy outlining criteria for the selection or identification of required players and the levels of sponsorship will be developed as a Club by-law of our Constitution. The development and execution of the player retention and attraction policy will be managed by a committee made up from the following members:
- Club President
- Baseball Director
- Junior Coordinator
- Club Coach
- Diamond Club nominated representative
In line with current Baseball SA requirements, SDBC will provide its Tier 1, Tier 2, Junior and International required player lists in the March and September of each year. Selection in any of the Baseball SA lists does not ensure sponsorship from the Diamond Club.
Selection criteria for a Diamond Club sponsored player includes:
- All baseball players aged 12 and over.
- Must be a current registered and financial member of SDBC.
Exceptions for recruited, import and first year players.
- The player must exhibit a strong desire to play at the highest level for SDBC.
- The player must show considerable promise and be driven by on field performance.
- The player has attracted interest from a Major League Club or other professional Baseball League.
- Recent State representation.
- Recruited players from other Baseball SA clubs
- Recruitment targets by other clubs.
Sponsored Player Responsibilities:
All players selected for Diamond Club sponsorship will be notified in writing outlining their selection and level of sponsorship as determined by the committee.
Sponsored players are obligated to:
- Pay the insurance fee as determined by SDBC Management.
- Fund any personal equipment and uniform costs.
- Demonstrate an appropriate attitude while representing SDBC, assist with player development and Club organised working bees.
- Attend key Club functions including Presentations, Diamond Club functions etc.
- Keep the sponsorship arrangement confidential from other players.
I extend an invitation to you to join me in becoming a member of the Diamond Club.
Your generosity is greatly appreciated and I look forward to catching up when you are next at the Club.
Shane Marsland, SDBC President
Diamond Club Committee, Members and Players
Diamond Club Committee Members
Ken Mazey, Brad Macnamara, Geoff Puckett, Shane Jennings, Glenn Roebuck, Shane Marsland
Diamond Club Members
See the list of current members on the sidebar >>>
Players Sponsored by the Diamond Club
Players sponsored by this program are kept anonymous for many reasons, to enquire about sponsorships contact a committee member from the list above.